I was stuck … emotionally. I hit a place in life where I found it so difficult just to moving ahead. The simplest tasks and responsibilities felt absolutely overwhelming. I knew something had to give. When a friend heard I was struggling, he told me about Emerge Counseling.
Taking the step to go to counseling was a big one for me. After all, as a pastor and educator I had actually counseling dozens of people myself over the years. Now I found myself in need of it.
Some of the symptoms I was dealing with included:
- Trouble concentrating, remembering details, and making decisions
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, and helplessness
- Pessimism and hopelessness
- Loss of interest in things once pleasurable
- Appetite loss
- Digestive problems that don’t get better, even with treatment
- Persistent sad, anxious, or “empty” feelings
I had tried just about everything to overcome these debilitating feelings — exercise, prayer, Bible reading, and more. Still — the feelings persisted.
Thankfully, I found my way to Emerge and something incredible happened. I hope you will take a few moments to watch my story.