Emerge Group Counseling can provide a safe environment in which you have the opportunity to practice new behaviors, improve skills, and receive feedback from others with similar concerns and experiences. Group counseling can allow members to feel less isolated as they work through challenges within an environment guided by a trained and licensed counselor.
Emerge groups focus on varying skills and themes, and offer both help, healing, and hope. If you are a current client at Emerge Counseling, please speak to your clinician for a referral for a group. If you are not a current client and would like to join a group, please call Emerge for more information to set up a screening. Payment for groups can be discussed with our Client Registration Office (insurance is accepted).
Brothers in Arms Sigma Alpha
A men’s group for SA Recovery
Group Leader: Jerome Thompson, MSW, LISW-S
Mondays beginning August 8
10 weekly group sessions for adult men 18+ who are seeking to overcome a variety of unwanted sexualized behaviors.
Goals for this group:
- Learn how to control unwanted sexualized behaviors
- Improve emotional regulation
- Mutual support with other men in the group
- Spiritual healing and hope in Christ
Calming the Chaos
An educational support group for adults struggling with “out of control” thoughts, emotions, and behaviors.
Group Leader: Maribeth Lieberth, MA, LPCC
Tuesdays, August 30 through November 15
12 weekly group sessions for adults 18+
Goals for this group:
- Learn skills to increase satisfaction in relationships and have your needs met. Learn how emotions work and how to gain more control over yours.
- Learn skills to move through the difficult times.
- Learn skills to increase your awareness of your surroundings and situations.
- Practice claiming God’s promised peace in the midst of our chaotic broken world.
Healing from Emotionally Destructive Relationships
Recognize, identify, and understand psychological abuse in an intimate relationship. Learn who you are in Jesus to begin healing and restoration.
Thursdays beginning August 25
8 weekly closed group sessions for women ages 25 and over to provide Christ-centered, clinical support, psychoeducation/processing, and restoration.