Emerge Counseling Ministries is a multi-site Christian mental health center headquartered in Akron, Ohio with a growing team of over 50 clinicians and staff. With 27,000+ counseling hours each year, our organization is locally, regionally, and nationally trusted by people from all walks of life. Together, we provide the faith-based support and tools people of all ages are looking for.
Below are career and internship opportunities that are currently available:
Full-Time/Part-Time Psychologists, LISWs, and LPCCs – Main Site
Emerge Counseling Ministries has immediate openings for 3 full-time and 2 part-time Ohio independently licensed clinicians (psychologists, social workers, or counselors) at our main site in Akron, OH. We are looking for experienced and talented individuals to join our growing team of clinicians who are passionate about working with one of the following populations: young children, trauma survivors across the lifespan, or marital couples.
Successful candidates will have the following required skills:
One of the following must apply:
A minimum of 8 years of experience, with no less than 3 of those years working with trauma in higher risk populations. Qualified candidates will have EMDR training in addition to other advanced skills in the treatment of complex trauma
A minimum of 8 years of experience working with young children using advanced therapy modalities such as play therapy and other expressive arts methodologies with this population
A minimum of 8 years of experience working with marital couples and training in one advanced method of treatment for this population (i.e., imago relationship therapy, Gottman method, or EFCT)
Experience in integrating the Christian faith into counseling techniques and methods
Capable of independence in clinical work and display a strong desire to collaborate in a team environment.
Proficiency in the use of electronic medical records: Current system is CareLogic.
Emerge offers competitive remuneration and benefits to full-time clinicians, which include medical, dental, and vision insurance, matching 403b retirement plan, CE reimbursement, and reimbursement of licensure renewal fees. Part-time clinicians enjoy the following benefits: CE reimbursement and reimbursement of licensure renewal fees.
Interested candidates should send a resume, a statement of faith, references (including email addresses), and a cover letter outlining how your past experiences match the required experience and skills noted above to our Director of Clinical Services, Steve Dunleavey.
Full-Time/Part-Time Psychologists, LISWs, and LPCCs – Partner Site
Restore is a Christ-centered and clinically-supported treatment and recovery ministry located on 18 acres of beautiful, private property in Lakemore, OH that is capable of housing over 70 men receiving treatment at this location. We are looking for experienced and talented individuals to join our growing team at this brand new site.
Successful candidates will have the following required skills:
Capable of independence in clinical work as an LPCC, LISW, or Psychologist.
A minimum of 4 years of experience in clinical work of individual, group, and family counseling.
Experience working with addiction recovery populations, particularly adult men.
Experience integrating the Christian faith into counseling techniques and methods.
Qualified candidates will have EMDR, DBT, or other advanced therapy modalities in the treatment of individuals suffering from an addiction, trauma, or comorbid disorders.
A strong desire to collaborate in a team environment.
Proficiency in the use of electronic medical records — our current system is CareLogic.
Emerge offers competitive remuneration and benefits to full-time clinicians, which include medical, dental, and vision insurance, matching 403b retirement plan, CE reimbursement, and reimbursement of licensure renewal fees. Part-time clinicians enjoy the following benefits: CE reimbursement and reimbursement of licensure renewal fees. Emerge offers a $1,200 sign on bonus for full-time candidates and a $600 sign on bonus for part-time candidates upon hire.
Interested candidates should send a resume, a statement of faith, references (including email addresses), and a cover letter outlining how your past experiences match the required experience and skills noted above to our Coordinator of Addiction Treatment Partnerships, Dr. David Blankenship. Interviews will commence the beginning of April 2021 and will continue until the positions are filled.
Director of Finance
We are searching for a Director of Finance to oversee our faith-based non-profit organization’s financial planning and accounting operations. In this position, you will not only be an accomplished accountant and proactive with organizational finances but will also have market awareness and provide advice on the best path of financial growth and development.
Your duties include establishing targets, developing budgets, and performing financial analysis. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator adept at teamwork with outstanding interpersonal and leadership abilities. Your ultimate goal will be to help guide the organization toward development and growth.
- Oversee the financial strategic planning of the organization by evaluating its performance and potential risks.
- Perform regular financial reports and analysis.
- Develop budget that meet the requirements of company departments.
- Establish targets and manage other accounting and finance employees.
- Supervise all audits, reviews and internal control processes.
- Prepare detailed reports on the organization’s financial performance.
- Guarantee compliance with financial laws and guidelines.
- Recognize patterns in company spending, revenue, and recommend solutions to any problem areas.
- Oversee payroll and A/R balances.
- Coordinate with external financial entities on behalf of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- A minimum of five-years’ experience in financial management.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook products.
- Blackbaud knowledge preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting software, corporate principles, and financial analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- An analytical mind with good organizational skills.
- Good leadership skills.
The Reception Team is critical to the success of Emerge Counseling Ministries, from making the client feel as comfortable as possible to assisting the clinicians with their needs to helping play an important role in the collection of monies.
- Greet and welcome clients, vendors, and guests with a smile.
- Check-in/check-out clients, assuring that all financial matters are handled accurately (copays, cancelation fees, client balances, etc.).
- Verify demographic information and insurance information.
- Answer the phone promptly, professionally, and personably.
- Comply with HIPAA regulations.
- Respond to the callers’ questions, requests, and needs; route calls as needed.
- Schedule client appointments.
- Send out confirmation calls.
- Process clinician schedule changes.
- Process “Release of Information,” “Access to Records,” subpoenas, and forms.
- Scan documentation for client record.
- Set up clients for testing, pull/set up the tests, and explain tests to clients.
- Look for files that have been terminated.
- Assist the clinicians in any way possible.
- Follow opening/closing procedures to ensure readiness for the day and safety at night.
- Assure that the two waiting areas and the reception area are neat and clean.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Embrace the faith-based mission and vision of Emerge Counseling Ministries and demonstrate loyalty and commitment to its leadership.
- Maintain confidentiality in areas required (e.g., finances, HIPAA requirements, personnel matters, etc.).
- Demonstrate servant leadership qualities.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Demonstrate integrity, excellence, and efficiency.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a receptionist, preferably in a medical-related setting.
- Position will require the ability to work flexible hours Monday through Friday for opening and closing shifts, and also half-day Saturdays.
- Compensation as agreed upon and outlined in employment letter.
- Atmosphere of collegiality, respect, and collaboration.
- Initial orientation to the team and work assignments, and ongoing training.
- Regular performance reviews and feedback.
- Workspace with a computer and other essential tools to work effectively.
- Prayer support and encouragement from colleagues and leadership.
Reports To: Reception Coordinator
In order to be considered for a practicum/internship, please send the following two items to Jessica Smith, MEd, LPCC-S, Assistant Director of Clinical Services, email@example.com.
- Cover Letter (please specify your current degree program)
– Statement of faith
– Program site contract including supervision/supervisory needs
– Intended start and finish date of internship
– Population and clinical interests
i.e. Children, adolescents, adults, couples, families
i.e. depression, anxiety, trauma, substance abuse, etc.
After we have expressed interest in interviewing you, please send three reference letters (including at least 1 professional reference, 1 pastoral reference, and 1 educational reference) to Jessica Smith, MEd, LPCC-S, Assistant Director of Clinical Services, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference letters should include:
- What reasons would you give to show the readiness of this applicant for their practicum/internship?
- How has this applicant been able to show you their leadership skills, clinical knowledge, personal boundaries and strengths in their life?
- List 2 positive attributes about this person and 2 areas in which this applicant could/should address to become a more effective Christian Counselor.
All applications will be reviewed by our Assistant Director of Clinical Services. All information (including letters of reference) must be sent via email to be considered for a practicum/internship. If you would like to inquire about current practicum/internship openings, please email Jessica Smith. Only email inquiries will receive a response.
Each degree and graduate program has different requirements for supervision. We have LPCC-S, LISW-S, and PhD programs available for supervision. Other supervision needs may not be able to be met by our clinical team at this time.
We typically receive a high volume of internship applicants and make every effort to respond to all inquiries. In the event that you do not receive a response, this likely means we have already filled the available positions and you are, unfortunately, not being considered for an internship at Emerge Counseling. We regret any inconvenience this causes you, but wish you the best in your search for a site.