Emerge is seeking full-time, independently licensed clinicians (counselors, social workers, marriage and family therapists, and psychologists) at our main site in Akron, Ohio. We are looking for experienced and talented individuals to join our growing team of clinicians. Part-time clinician positions are also available.
- Master’s or doctoral degree in a counseling-related field.
- Independent license (LPCC, LISW, IMFT, psychologist). Newly licensed clinicians requiring supervision who are not independently licensed may be considered.
- Experience integrating Christian faith into counseling techniques and methods.
- Strong desire to collaborate in a team environment.
- Proficiency in the use of electronic medical records; current system is CareLogic.
- Experience working with trauma-related disorders using advanced therapy modalities (e.g., EMDR).
- Experience working with young children using advanced therapy modalities (e.g., play therapy, expressive arts).
- Experience working with marital couples using advanced therapy modalities (e.g., Gottman method, imago relationship therapy, EFCT).
- Training in any advanced therapy modalities.
Emerge offers competitive remuneration and benefits to full-time clinicians, which include medical, dental, and vision insurance, matching 403b retirement plan, continuing education (CE) reimbursement, and reimbursement of licensure renewal fees. Part-time clinicians enjoy the following benefits: CE reimbursement and reimbursement of licensure renewal fees. All Emerge clinicians are eligible for free or reduced CE trainings offered through our Center for Professional Development.
Schedule: Monday–Friday; can work Saturday, if interested
Supplemental Pay: Signing bonus
Work Location: Multiple locations available – including remote tele-counseling
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
Emerge Counseling Ministries is committed to growing a diverse workforce. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, age, disability, or any other applicable status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send: (a) resume, (b) three references (including email addresses), and (c) cover letter outlining how your past experiences match the required experience and skills noted. Please send completed application packet to Emerge’s Clinical Recruiter, Matt Knabe.
Emerge Counseling Ministries transforms lives through distinctively Christian counseling; communicating the peace, freedom, and wholeness found in Jesus Christ. Emerge has represented the future in Christian Mental Healthcare since 1973.
We are a multi-site Christian mental health center headquartered in Akron, Ohio with a growing team of over 50 clinicians, coaches, and staff. With 35,000+ counseling hours each year, our organization is locally, regionally, and nationally trusted by people from all walks of life. Together, we provide the faith-based support and tools people of all ages are looking for.
YOU – Every person matters to God and to us.
HONOR – An atmosphere of affirmation.
COMMUNITY – The finest care and communication for the common good.
TEAMWORK – Not only working well, but working well together.
GENEROSITY – An abundance mindset focused on blessing others.
INNOVATION – A spirit of research, creativity, and entrepreneurship.
For more information about hiring and the application process for full and part-time clinical positions, or to apply, contact Matthew Knabe, MA, LPC, Clinical Recruiter, at email@example.com.
In order to be considered for a practicum/internship, please send the following two items to Patrick Milloy.
- Cover Letter (please specify your current degree program)
– Statement of faith
– Program site contract including supervision/supervisory needs
– Intended start and finish date of internship
– Population and clinical interests
i.e. Children, adolescents, adults, couples, families
i.e. depression, anxiety, trauma, substance abuse, etc.
After we have expressed interest in interviewing you, please send three reference letters (including at least 1 professional reference, 1 pastoral reference, and 1 educational reference) to Emily Evans, Clinical Administrative Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reference letters should include:
- What reasons would you give to show the readiness of this applicant for their practicum/internship?
- How has this applicant been able to show you their leadership skills, clinical knowledge, personal boundaries and strengths in their life?
- List 2 positive attributes about this person and 2 areas in which this applicant could/should address to become a more effective Christian Counselor.
All applications will be reviewed by our Clinical Administrative Assistant. All information (including letters of reference) must be sent via email to be considered for a practicum/internship. If you would like to inquire about current practicum/internship openings, please email Emily Evans. Only email inquiries will receive a response.
Each degree and graduate program has different requirements for supervision. We have LPCC-S, LISW-S, and PhD programs available for supervision. Other supervision needs may not be able to be met by our clinical team at this time.
We typically receive a high volume of internship applicants and make every effort to respond to all inquiries. In the event that you do not receive a response, this likely means we have already filled the available positions and you are, unfortunately, not being considered for an internship at Emerge Counseling. We regret any inconvenience this causes you, but wish you the best in your search for a site.
For more information about hiring and the application process for clinical practicums/internships, contact Emily Evans, Clinical Administrative Assistant, at email@example.com.